Current Volunteer Assignments
Before filling out a volunteer application, please carefully review each assignment to determine your area of interest.
- Adopt a Shelf: This is a flexible volunteer opportunity for people who like to volunteer on their own schedule. Volunteers keep materials in order and shelves neat. Volunteers adopt a subject area that is of personal interest and maintain its order, accessibility, and appearance. This opportunity is ideal for corporate groups, families (at least middle school age and older), and individuals.
- Customer Service: Support the Customer Service Department by sorting and shelving returned materials.
- Homebound Volunteer: Deliver materials and provide individualized service to Howard County residents who are confined to their homes.
- HCLS Grandparent - Guest Reader: Read to children on a drop-in or one-on-one basis.
- HCLS Project Literacy Tutor: Provide adult basic education tutoring on a one-to-one basis.
This page will be periodically updated with new or different volunteer opportunities. Please check back!